There are many downsides to traditional health insurance, such as inflexible options and a one-size-fits-all approach regardless of your individual needs and circumstances. You may not even be aware that there’s another option. Read on to learn more about the benefits of working with an independent insurance broker for individual health insurance in Texas, specifically Denton, TX.
As an independent insurance broker in Denton, TX, we represent several carriers (insurance companies), but there is one that stands out. Below are some special features of this plan. It is important to note that this carrier is regulated by the Department of Insurance unlike other alternatives.
- You can choose your doctor – Your plan will pay the physician benefit regardless of the provider you choose. As always, you do better if you choose an in network provider.
- 24/7 Access to Teledoc – Your independent plan will guarantee you get 24/7 access to Teladoc, meaning you can get prescribed common medications without a visit to the doctor, saving you time and money.
- Covered until age 65 – You will not be kicked off the plan should you have a medical event. Many carriers cancel your insurance if you end up in trouble.
- Covered on/off the job – Most people think they are covered at work. Entrepreneurs who go from client to client think they are covered by their traditional policies. They are not.
- Children can be insured on their own – This is super helpful for a variety of reasons. Children are usually healthy and only need coverage for minor things. Divorced situations where one spouse has the responsibility of insuring the children. The cost of adding children to an employer sponsored plan is cost prohibitive.
- No deductibles for routine visits: We have no-deductible plans available, meaning you won’t have a deductible for routine services like outpatient care, doctor visits and diagnostics.
- Flat-rate inpatient copay: In addition to no deductibles on routine services, you can choose a plan with a flat-rate inpatient copay on hospital care. This is not required to be paid up front. We have all heard of the nightmare situations where someone needs a medical procedure that requires a hospital stay, but doesn’t have the $5,000 or $6,000 deductible required to be paid up front.
The real power about this plan is two-fold. It is a High End Defined Benefit coupled with a Consumer Owned PPO Network! That’s a mouthful for sure. Here is what it means to you.
A defined benefit plan means there is a defined benefit schedule. Medicare was the first defined benefit plan, but not a High End defined benefit. It will pay the benefit regardless of the provider you choose, but like all plans, your money will go farther if you remain in the network.
Couple this with a Consumer Owned PPO network and you win! Having a consumer owned PPO network equates to you receiving the wholesale price, NOT the insurance company. The terms are pre-negotiated between the network and the provider. Once you present your ID card, the provider files and receives their payment.
Fredrick Insurance Brokers are independent insurance brokers in Denton, TX. We can make the best recommendation for you by providing access to multiple carriers and plans. We can mix and match the exact health coverage that is perfect for you and make sure to explain all options so that you can make educated decisions. We are here for you whenever you need us. Our service does not stop when you get better healthcare. We provide you with tools to educate and keep you informed on your plan. Give us a call today to find the best coverage for you and your family.